Finding Mattie Powell

Last night, I woke up and noticed that it had been a while since I had found information out about my own relatives. Then something told me to look for my great, great grandparents. I noticed that I did not have their marriage information and then noticed that I didn't know her maiden name.

However, that reminded me to go to what I refer to as the Golden nugget: familysearch.org Thanks to https://beta.familysearch.org/ I have found many of my and other families information. This site also helped me to discover that they were married in 1879 and her last name was Powell.

There are of course two negro Mattie Powells nearest Meriwether county fitting the description but both are pretty far away 80 and 90 miles or so. So I am still on the hunt but happily so.


Update: Found a Mattie Powell and family that match pretty closely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Claude Bernhard Dansby

A Partial listing of African-American hangings since 1859.